Tackling Tradition 95: Kat Boan Vs. Paul (On Baptism)

Image
One can’t help but notice she demands a prooftext without any exposition of the text.     Yet embedded in her own meme are 3 statements that are intended to inform us of what she believes the text to mean.   It (her prooftext) doesn’t say, “Christ sent me primarily to preach the Gospel. It does not say, “Baptism is important, just not the center of my ministry. It does not say, “Christ sent me to preach AND water baptize.” One the one hand, “I don’t need a paraphrase explaining what you think Paul meant,” yet on the other, she provides 3 statements that form either 3 short, one sentence  paragraphs or 3 short statements that form a single paragraph.   It’s obvious that she engages in the very behavior she herself eschews from any who dare challenge her.   Why should anyone take her seriously?     She’s just another tantruming child testing people’s alleged biblical/theological illiteracy/ignorance as if she is in possession of ...

2 John

 2 John 1–13 (ESV): The elder to the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all who know the truth, 2 because of the truth that abides in us and will be with us forever: 

3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father’s Son, in truth and love. 

Walking in Truth and Love

4 I rejoiced greatly to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as we were commanded by the Father. 5 And now I ask you, dear lady—not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but the one we have had from the beginning—that we love one another. 6 And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it. 7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward. 9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11 for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works. 

Final Greetings

12 Though I have much to write to you, I would rather not use paper and ink. Instead I hope to come to you and talk face to face, so that our joy may be complete. 

13 The children of your elect sister greet you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Fallacies & Homosexuality

Covenant Theology In Outline Form (Part 1)

Covenant Theology In Outline Form (Part 14)