Tackling Tradition 94: 2 John 10 & 11

Accordings to those who believe that baking the cake, attending the wedding, &tc     is a sin, does 2 John 10 - 11 teach that doing so is a sin?   4  I rejoiced greatly to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as we were commanded by the Father.  5  And now I ask you, dear lady—not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but the one we ihave had from the beginning—that we love one another.  6  And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.  7  For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.  8  Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.  9  Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, doe...

Love & Light

Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. 

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.


And 


This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

With this in mind…

God, as a matter of essential predication, is infinite, eternal, & unchangeable with respect to… 


     Perspective          

Perspective               

Mercy, Unity

Truth, Justice                

Essential Principle 

Essential Principle 

Love (I John 4) 

Light (I John 1)              

          Attributes           

           Attributes         

Being 

                               Being 

Wisdom                        

                           Wisdom

Power & Authority 

       Power & Authority 

Justice                          

                          Justice 

Holiness

                         Holiness 

Goodness                    

                       Goodness 

Truth 

                               Truth 


May God bless us all, each & every one, & “Go & sin no more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Fallacies & Homosexuality

Covenant Theology In Outline Form (Part 1)

Covenant Theology In Outline Form (Part 14)